Thursday, February 12, 2009

Don't eat ice cream before bed!

Wow, it seemed like such a good idea. Chocolate fudge ribbon ice cream. I had a slight case of heartburn so, why not. Well, here's why not.

I had dreams all night of tornadoes! One of them was me running through the house looking for our youngest daughter who somehow was lost in the house. How absurd! But the panic was real. I woke up breathing heavy and weirded out. So, I go back to sleep only to dream of more tornadoes looming but this time I'm running toward my home for some odd reason. Again, woke up in a panic.

So, I share these dreams with my husband first thing while he's getting ready for work. He got kind of weird about it, slightly defensive. Which I thought was odd. He said that I must be upset or worried about something. I, of course, had to press the issue, cause that's how I am. For some strange reason, I felt compelled to defend my right to have these kind of dreams. I explained to him that I thought I dreamt these dreams because we weren't prepared for a disaster, that we had no emergency plan. So, we went through a few things, which made me feel a little better. And he seemed to accept the rationale that I gave him.

But the real reason I had these strange night adventures, I am convinced, is because I ate that ice cream right before bed. Oh, and I saw several pictures of the tornadoes that hit Oklahoma. Thanks twitter friends in OK for sharing! Glad you all are ok. But next time, I'll pass on the pics AND the ice cream.

I need a nap!

No comments: